WE’RE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A PHP DEVELOPER TO JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM IN REDDING.
This opening is for a local, in-house position only. Remote work options available for the right candidate.
We are seeking a full-time PHP Developer to join our team in Redding, CA. We work on websites ranging from small, local businesses to larger regional and national brands with a large number of visitors each month. We pride ourselves on delivering incredible results for our clients with cutting-edge sites, and doing so with transparency and integrity. To be the right fit, you must be an organized, creative, self-starter who loves solving complex problems.
We’re a startup that is expanding very quickly and actively continuing to hire. Your work will directly contribute to our mission and bottom-line goals. As part of our team you will have the opportunity to grow and take on new projects as we expand.
THIS POSITION IS IDEAL FOR SOMEONE WHO IS:
- Dependable – more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented – enjoys interacting with people
- Detail-oriented – likes to focus on the details of work
- Achievement-oriented – enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent – enjoys working with little direction
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- PHP & PHP framework (e.g. CodeIgniter, Laravel, etc.)
- SQL (you do not need to be a SQL wizard, but should be comfortable with basic queries –stored procedures & views a plus)
- Bootstrap CSS framework experience
- GitHub experience
- Knowledge on best practices to improve performance
- Be highly organized
- Ability to prioritize, managing multiple projects and clients simultaneously and efficiently
- Good communication and people skills
- Enthusiastic, flexible, and creative problem solver with excellent attention to detail
- Work both independently and with a team on various projects.
- Participate in technical reviews of bugs & enhancement requests
- Communicate accurate and useful status updates to the team and the clients
THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS WILL RESONATE WITH THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- I’ve been coding in PHP and using some flavor of SQL for several years
- Give me a job and brief description of what needs to be done and I’ll take care of it
- I know most of the built-in functions in PHP, but I also reference PHP.net when I need it
- I think maintainability of code is super-important
- Stackoverflow? Yes!
- Github? Sure.
- I know the difference between a one-to-many and many-to-many
- Of course I know what auto-increment is
- I know when to use indexes
- I love working with data. Give me some data and I’ll layout a db and write a load script for it.
- Ajax? Yes, easy.
- I’m fairly independent. Give me a task list and I’ll knock it out.
- I’m a stickler about completing my work on time.
- I’m hungry for work! Bring it on!
AS A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM YOU’LL ENJOY:
- The rare opportunity to work at a fast paced, top notch firm right here in the Redding area.
- Walking distance to food, shopping, etc.
- Competitive pay and bonuses
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- A family-first work place
- Generous flexibility
- Work-from-Wherever-Wednesdays (Your couch in your PJ’s? By the pool? We got you.)
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE SEND US THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Cover Letter
- Your current pay expectations
- At least 3 references
- When you would be able to start
- Depends On Experience (DOE) – We are big proponents of paying people what they’re worth and creating a path for growth